Our Medical Home for Autism is a central source of care and well-being for you and your child. When you enter our home, you experience care that is:
• Accessible – Create a single contact point/streamlining the appointment process and referrals.
• Family-centered – Care is supportive and personalized taking into consideration family values, feedback and resources.
• Continuous – Ongoing comprehensive care is provided by a health care team approach. Round-the-clock information and access to care will be available through technology.
• Coordinated – Families and health care team together will communicate needs and coordinate care.
• Compassionate –Medical home staff are compassionate and provide sensitive and personalized care.
• Culturally Effective: Language and sign interpreters are available to facilitate services. We are sensitive to and serves diverse racial/ethnic, religious and socio-economic populations.
Parent Education Workshops
The Medical Home for Autism offers a wide array of educational workshops through our partnership with SPAN. These are held at the HackensackUMC Fitness & Wellness Center located at 87 Route 17 North, Maywood, NJ. Some topics included:
• Transition from EI to Preschool
• NJ Resources for Families; Making Connections to Information Services
• Basic Rights in Special Education
• Essential Components of the IEP
Parent Support Groups
Join other parents and caregivers that understand the pain and frustration of watching their child struggle with learning or behavioral issues. Our social worker and family resource specialist lead our parent support groups which allow for sharing and open dialogue. We offer both day time and evening hours to accommodate everyone’s schedules. Please call us for an updated schedule.
Recreational and Social Skills Groups
Recreation is about activities and experiences which give us a sense of joy and satisfaction. It is an opportunity to express creativity, achieve and master new skills. The Medical Home for Autism is not just about treatments and therapies. We offer onsite programming as well recommendations to community based programs that are designed for your child to feel safe and successful. For more information, please contact us.
Medical Home for Autism Phone